Thursday, June 14, 2012

What's Cooking

This past week just flew by! We were out of town Thursday-Sunday so this is a 4 meal week - so nice to know those were the only meals I was cooking!
Sunday

Sunday - After a long and fun weekend away, the last thing I wanted to do was cook but we  meal planned for the week and made it to the store anyway! We had Tex-Mex Rice bowls and I was so happy with how they turned out. I served mine in a red pepper and baked it a for about 15 minutes. So delicious!
Monday

Monday- I had high hopes for this dinner and it did not disappoint! I had done my kettle bell class right after work and was so hungry but I had this dinner on the table in less than 40 minutes! We had Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups, oven roasted garlic broccoli and roasted bbq potatoes (sweet and regular)! I am still obsessed with the roasted garlic broccoli that I made last week and I used James' homemade bbq sauce for the potatoes.  The one thing I did change about the lettuce cups was that I used ground chicken and instead of water chestnuts (seriously not my favorite- so bland!) I used half of a yellow pepper!


Blueberry Crisp!
Ready to dig in!
Tuesday
Tuesday- We had grilled pork loin (it was pre-marinated and so delicious!), grilled corn on the cob and artichokes! I knew since I wasn't making anything (James did the grilling and honestly, artichokes are so so easy!) I made Cooking Light's Blueberry Crisp. So many substitutions were made on this recipe though- I didn't have brown sugar so I used white sugar and added molasses, I didn't have walnuts so I used almonds and I used jiffy mix instead of cornmeal! The crisp was so delicious, both James and I loved it!


Wednesday
Wednesday- So I was worried a bout having two 'Asian inspired' recipes in one week (James used to be a meat and potatoes man only - as in his favorite meal was a hamburger!) but James said we will never go out to eat again if I cook like I did this week! We have an abundance of basil from our basil tree plant so Spicy Basil Chicken fit the bill perfectly! I also had bought a ton of zucchini at the farmers market and knew it needed to be eaten. We had Yellow Zucchini Squash Ribbons with red onions and Parmesan and it was labor intensive (hello peeling zucchini into ribbons!) but amazing! I also did my usual roasted potatoes with James' bbq sauce on them. A delicious dinner where the star was the chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment