Monday, June 11, 2012

What's Cooking

Source
This past week is a little bit of a tease. We were in NC visiting my Grandfather June 2-3, so we did our (non meat) grocery shopping at Trader Joe's. If you live near a TJ's and you don't shop at one, shame on you! The store has amazing deals on produce - 4 artichokes for $2.29, red peppers for $.69 a piece- and house label snacks that are amazing. I hope we get one in Columbia soon!

Imagine this, but rotated left!




Monday- Grilled Asian marinated chicken, oven roasted ranch potatoes, oven roasted broccoli and grilled zucchini.
We had happy hour of beers and deviled eggs - homemade by James! This broccoli recipe that I used was perfect! I added red pepper flakes and 1/4 of an onion and it was so good! I normally hate broccoli but knew we needed to eat it this week and I hoped I would enjoy it and I did! So non-broccoli lovers- try this recipe! I was so surprised!
James' favorite beer that isn't sold in SC and Deviled Eggs!

Tuesday- James has surprised me at work with Jimmy Johns - my favorite sandwich shop (shout out to my Phi Mu's who used to trek drive out to Jimmy Johns with me!) and told me we were going out to dinner but I wasn't to know where. He came home with white cottage roses that I love, I had a glass of wine and we were off to dinner at Saludas!
Dinner at Saluda's


I had their house salad - "Mixed greens, red wine soaked cranberries, pickled red onions, Dubliner Irish cheddar, candied pecans, cranberry merlot vinaigrette" HEAVEN!

House salad
 My main course was shrimp and grits - "Sautéed shrimp, roasted peppers, pancetta, Dubliner cheddar, bourbon cream, Adluh grits, fried green tomato" Again, heaven! It was so rich- I only had half, will be a very happy girl to eat the left overs at work!
Shrimp and Grits

Steak Frites

James had the steak frites - "Grilled Ribeye, truffled herb fries, grilled asparagus, whole grain mustard demi glace" and loved it! I sampled one or seven two of his fries and they were out of this world. Anything with truffle oil is delicious!
Ready for our walk!
We had the best dinner and ended our evening with a long walk to get cookies at Insomnia in 5 Points - and a cigar for James! Such a fun night!

Wednesday our dinner was late thanks to some last minute running around for a rehearsal dinner we were helping plan/set up for! So no picture of our left over fest that turned into delicious quesadillas.
Thursday-Saturday we were either out of town or enjoying libations at Tap Room!

Back to the grind this coming week with delicious meals planned!

1 comment:

  1. that salad sounds delicious! and wait, i think i saw a trader joe's is coming to cola! i love the one here in chs!!

    ReplyDelete