Saturday, July 28, 2012

Catch the Sun

Today we are headed to Hilton Head Island to spend the night with my grandmother- she is the matriarch of my dads family and is all around a wonderful person! We then head to Savannah to celebrate our anniversary! Our first year has been filled with so much happiness, love and learning!! Still feel like the luckiest person in the world to spend everyday with my best friend.

This summer has been my favorite part of our first year. During the school year James gets stressed and school-studying-outlines-finals seem to get into James' mind and never leave! It makes me so proud to be married to such a hard worker- both in the classroom and at work- but in the summer it is just work occupying James' mind and he is stress free and so much more full if fun energy!

Part of our 'last summer of fun' has included a lot of traveling- we love being on the go! We have been to Atlanta, Charleston, Conway and Boone! Now we are headed for another trip and I can't wait!

We have also been walking our neighborhood or going to the gym together- love that USC employees have access to one of the gyms on campus for free!!- and we've both lost weight!

Since neither of us had ever read the books or seen the Harry Potter movies we decided to do that together this summer! Mine all come from the library- if you don't have a library card GET ONE, free books and DVDs at your disposal will save you some serious cash on Amazon that you can use for a new Kate Spade bag instead...- and James reads his on the iPad. What a mix or modern and old school are we!! So we read the books and then rent the DVDs from the library to watch- yes they have a huge selection of DVDs to enjoy!- its been such a fun thing to do together! We are on the third book now and will have to put them on hold while on our vacation!

I am blogging from my iPhone so I will leave you with some unorganized pictures to enjoy!!

Wine and new hair cut look- my salon pours a heavy glass of wine before I get my hair cut- love it!

A new favorite guilty pleasure of mine- how amazing are hazelnuts?!?

My awesome monogram koozie that my mom gave to all of the ladies at my cousins lingerie shower- thank you Lisa!!

Moaning Myrtle from the second Harry Potter movie!

Breakfast of champs! Toasted everything bagel from a place near campus with egg bacon and cheddar cheese. Wash it down with a coke zero and you have the perfect breakfast to cure any overly happy happy-hour.

I will try to post from Savannah! Y'all enjoy your weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment