Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mountain Get Away

While I have mentioned my cousin's and my DIY adventures this past weekend, I have not talked about what other things we did in between gluing and burlaping.
Blowing Rock, NC has been a summer getaway since we lived abroad. I think we have been going for 20 years. We might have missed one summer when we were moving international from Colombia to the States but other than that, our family has gone to the mountains. As of late, we have deemed the 4th of July as our time in the mountains and we all look forward to the time we have together watching the fireworks. Our houses are always up on the mountains so a lot of times you can see 3 different firework shows and you are 'above' them! Such a unique view! This coming July will be James' 4th year with us, he has been every year since we started dating!
Tweetsie  July 2011

We stay in different houses, have many meals together and we even get to go to Tweetsie Railroad, a theme park (in a sense) that I have been going to all my life.

Blowing Rock Thanksgiving 2011 (my beautiful sister!)

Blowing Rock 2010

Blowing Rock 2010

Blowing Rock 2010

Blowing Rock 2010
You could hear the Tweetsie whistle from our house this past weekend and it was so neat to also be able to hear the guns from the 'gun fight' that is staged during the Tweetsie ride.

This weekend was all about relaxing and enjoying my time with my family! We went to the farmers market, had drinks on the porch with beautiful views, enjoyed visiting with my bff Siri and ate delicious food (homemade oreo for breakfast!). Could not ask for a better weekend!
Sample at the farmers market
Kilwin's with Lu! YUM
Farmers market on Saturday morning
Homemade Oreo- breakfast of champions
Beer on the porch with this view!
Huge bunny and the oddest looking alpaca chicken ever
My sweet Grandfather EGD and my mom!
My parents enjoying our happy hour. 
Great Pottery Barn cosmetic cases! I bought one as a shower gift for my cousin and James got me one as well!
Lemon zest pie and Coltrane!

No comments:

Post a Comment