Monday, June 4, 2012

Atlanta for the big 25 (part two)

As I mentioned before, James and I traveled to Atlanta for my 25th birthday weekend. After lunch on Friday, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our next event - an Atlanta Braves game! We used the MARTA to get to the game and it was so easy!

 Sporting my favorite accessory, the tomahawk and proudly wearing one of my birthday present from James, my monogram necklace!
We had the best time even though the Braves lost. Fireworks at the end of the game were the perfect ending to a great birthday!


On Saturday, we spent the morning eating crepes at Le Triskell French Creperie (in a word-AMAZING) and then lounging at the Intercontinental pool where I misjudged my legs as being tan and didn't block them from the sun and ended up with RED legs (I always wear SPF 50 and am considered the sun block police of my friends (they hate love it) so I have learned my lobster lesson). The pool was beautiful and we had the best time reading and relaxing! 
Source
Saturday afternoon we headed to Max's for some pizza and brews! I knew it was just around the corner from the Georgia Aquarium and would be a perfect spot for a late lunch. We had many a beer ($5 pitchers of PBR- what's not to love!) and enjoyed such delicious pizza! I wish we had a place like that in Columbia - it was all so fresh and it did not look like your ordinary pizza joint!

Post delicious meal and pitchers!


Just waiting in line!
After Max's, we headed to the Aquarium to spend our afternoon admiring the fishes, only to find out we had an hour before our tickets would let us in! What to do, what to do! We headed back to Max's for another pitcher and enjoyed not having to drive anywhere!

When our wait time was up, we headed to the Aquarium and it was wonderful! We had gone to the Aquarium in Charleston on our mini-moon before we headed to London for our honeymoon and we loved it, so the Atlanta one was much bigger and grander!
Very active dolphins!
We went to every exhibit the Aquarium had open and got to see some very active river otters - my favorite sea creature!

Love birds


 This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. I think that is an eel next to me (not a sea life expert!) and my favorite song ever is MGMT's Electric Feel, which I have always called "Electric Eel", even after being corrected and having it showed to me by everyone who has it on their iTunes (I get it, I just don't care, my way is way cooler). Close your office door (or put headphones in for those in cube land) and have a mini dance party! 

 We ended our fun Saturday in Atlanta with dinner at Flip Burger in Buckhead - where I had the best milkshake- Nutella and burnt marshmallows! YUM!

Sunday morning was check out and off to Babette's Cafe for brunch - on our way home and an amazing meal - Babette's Benedict for me, Sunday Eggs for James and a basket of scones and muffins for us to share! Topped off with a delicious Mimosa (with pineapple juice!) and it was the perfect end to a wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment